1. Where and When will the Powerman Asia Duathlon Championships – Malaysia be held?
- Powerman will be held on Sunday, 4 March 2018.
- Race Pack Collection will take place on 2 & 3 March 2018 (Friday & Saturday) at Auditorium Cempaka Sari in Putrajaya, Malaysia.
- Bike Check-in will take place on Saturday, 3 March 2018, at the Transition Area in Dataran Putrajaya from 1:00PM – 6:00PM.
- PowerKIDS will be held on Saturday, 3 March 2018.
- PowerKIDS Race Pack Collection will take place on 2 March 2018 (Friday) at Auditorium Cempaka Sari in Putrajaya, Malaysia.
- PowerKIDS Bike Check-in will take place on Saturday, 3 March 2018, at the Transition Area in Dataran Putrajaya from 6:30AM – 7:45AM.
2. What is a Race Entry Pack?
- A Race Entry Pack is an Event Pack given to participants which contains a race bib (with safety pins), stickers (Helmet stickers, Bike stickers), an event tee, and other sponsored items.
3. What are the available race categories?
4. What is the schedule of the event?
5. What if I can’t make it on Saturday, can I claim my race kit and check in my bike on the event day itself?
- If you can’t claim your race kits or check in your bike on schedule, please email us at email@example.com at least two weeks before the event.
- You may appoint someone else to collect your race pack and/or drop off your bike for you by filling up the requisite form at http://www.powermanmalaysia.com/downloads/ or emailing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ensuring your proxy brings along a photocopy of your Passport / Identity Card.
6. What bikes are allowed on the racecourse?
- Road, Mountain, Triathlon, Time Trial, Cyclocross, Touring, Flat-Bar Road, Hybrid & Performance Hybrid Bicycles are ALLOWED on the race course.
- Other types of bikes, including, but not limited to, Fixed Gear (fixie), Folding, Electric, Electric Hybrid, Cruiser, City, BMX, Recumbent, Tandem bikes are NOT ALLOWED on the racecourse.
- PowerKIDS under the age of 8 years are allowed bicycles with training wheels and the company of 1 parent/guardian during the whole duration of the race.
- To have a clearer understanding of the type of bike you have, kindly please refer to http://centurycycles.com/buyers-guides/bicycle-types-how-to-pick-the-best-bike-for-you-pg9.htm.
- Kindly please contact us if you are unsure. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify a participant if an unsuitable bicycle is used for the event.
7. Is there a cut-off time for the event?
- Yes, there will be a cut-off for the event. Cut-off for all categories will be 6 hours.
8. Will there be a cut-off per leg?
- Cut-off for the Bike leg cut off will be at 12pm for all categories.
9. Is drafting allowed?
No, race drafting is NOT ALLOWED for all Powerman events, participants caught drafting will be disqualified. Please refer below for Powerman drafting rules.
- Cycle in a ‘single file’.
- While cycling, athletes are supposed to cycle in one line (to the utmost left side of the track) with the prescribed distance between them.
- No fellow athlete may be hindered.
- Hindering happens when overtaking a fellow athlete and putting him/her in a drafting/stayer position. The person who overtakes is responsible to observe the rules. When the overtaker is not able to pass, he/she may not cut in but has to maintain a distance of at least 10 m from the cyclist in front.
- In the former rules the responsibility was for the person that was overtaken.
- Hinderer may be punished by a ‘stop and go’ penalty/ or black box.
- The person who overtakes has to go at least 3-5 m to the right. This depends on the width of the road.
10. Do I need to check-in my cycling and running gear before the race?
- Bicycle Check-in will be COMPULSORY. Running and cycling accessories may be brought into the transition area on the morning of the race.
- Bicycle Check-in will be from 1pm – 6.00pm on 3 March 2018, Saturday at the Transition Area in the Race Village Putrajaya.
11. Can I use audio devices during the race?
- Personal audio devices are NOT ALLOWED on any part of the racecourse. Participants will be penalised for using any audio devices during the race.
12. How many members should a relay team have? Will there be a different category for 2-person and 3-person relay teams?
- Relay teams may be consist of a 2-person or a 3-person relay team. All participants regardless of the number of team members and gender will compete in the same category.
13. Will I receive a Finisher Token upon race completion?
- Yes, Finisher Token will be presented to participants who have completed the individual race during the stipulated time. This is only applicable for participants
under the Individual Classic and Individual Short category. Team Relays for both Classic and Short are not applicable to this entitlement.
14. Can I change my race category after submitting my registration?
- Changes to the race categories are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED after registration confirmation.
15. How do I register my child for PowerKIDS?
- PowerKIDS are limited to children aged 5 to 12 (as of 3 March 2018).
- All PowerKIDS participants are required to seek for parental /guardian’s consent by filling up the relevant indemnity declaration as deemed necessary by the Organiser upon registration. A copy of the consent form, indemnity form, parent’s identity card copy, and the PowerKIDS participant’s identity card/passport copy have to be presented to the counter during race pack collection.
- Failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry without a refund.
16. I’ve registered but I just found out that I’m not able to attend the Powerman, can I get a refund or can my friend take my slot?
- Participant(s) are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registrations are confirmed. Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for Participant(s) who do not eventually participate in the event for whatever reasons.
17. I do not have a credit card, how do I sign up for Powerman?
- We also accept bank transfer payments through local Malaysian banks via internet banking.
- Alternatively, any person with a credit card or a Malaysian internet banking account may make payment on your behalf.
18. I received an error upon completing the payment process, resulting in registration failure.
- Please close the browser tab, clear your browser cache, and try again.
- Alternatively, use a different computer or device that you have not attempted to register with before.
19. Where can we stay during race weekend?
- Please refer to our list of Official Hotel Partners on our website where special rates are offered to Powerman Participants.
20. Where are the Aid Stations?
- Aid Stations for the run course will be spaced between 1km or 2km intervals on the run course.
- Aid Station for the bike course will be approximately 15km from the start line.
21. Will there be bike mechanics to help us along the racecourse?
- Bike mechanics are not allowed to assist participants during the race. Participants are advised to be prepared to perform basic mechanical services on their own such as flat tire changing.
- Should the participant wish to retire from the race, there will be support busses to pick up stranded participants starting from an hour before the cut off time which will operate at half hourly intervals. The support vehicles may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, participants must be prepared to wait for the vehicle’s arrival should a delay occur.
22. What is the route for the Powerman?
- Please refer to the course details on our website.
23. Who do we contact for enquiries?
- Further details about the race can be found on our website as well as Terms & Conditions.
- All further inquiries may be sent to the secretariat team through: email@example.com